Welcome to Mortgage Lender

There are over 100 mortgage lenders in the UK including Ulster Bank. Mortgage Lender .co.uk will help you make the right choice.

Speak to a professional adviser about a Ulster Bank Mortgage

To speak to one of our professional advisers, please click here

Mortgage Lender



Ulster Bank

The Ulster Bank first opened in Belfast in 1836. It is now part of the RBS Group but retains its identity as an Irish banking institution with 297 branches and business banking services in both the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland. It employs over 7,000 members of staff and has 1.9 million personal and business customers.

The bank has a number of products that are suitable for first time buyers and participates in the Co-Ownership Housing Association scheme as well as partnering with FirstTimeBuyersNI.com. Most of the mortgages available from Ulster Bank can be used in these unique schemes, talk to your advisor to see if one of them is suitable for you.

There is a Buy-to-Let mortgage available that will take into account your personal income when assessing your ability to meet the monthly payments. Borrowers can choose to pay interest only for the first five years and then pay an increased amount that covers the capital portion of the loan. This product is also suitable for customers who would like to purchase a property for use by children who are studying at University.

Ulster Bank Mortgage Products

Fixed Rate mortgages: You can opt for a two or five year agreement and will benefit from knowing exactly what your monthly repayments will be for the whole of the loan period. Whole or part repayment of the loan before the end of the fixed period will incur a penalty.

First Time Buyers Momentum Mortgage: This product is only available to residents of Northern Ireland, you can borrow up to 95% and the housing developer will pay the remaining 5%. After a five year period your home will be re-valued and if the value has increased by 5% or more you will be required to repay the deposit. You will also be required to repay the deposit if you sell the property within a 5 year period.

Early repayment fees may apply.

Flexi Mortgage: The minimum deposit is 10% and you can use this product with the Co-Ownership Scheme. You are allowed to make monthly overpayments and then take a payment holiday if you need it. The Standard Variable Rate of interest plus an extra margin will be applied for the life of the mortgage.

There is no arrangement fee for these mortgages.

If you are interested in a mortgage quotation including those offered by Ulster Bank please complete our quick enquiry form.


Ulster Bank Mortgage Rates

Mortgage Type Initial Rate Subsequent Rate APR Max LTV Fees & Charges Enquire Now
2 Year Fixed Rate Mortgages 5.29% Fixed 4.0% Variable 4.4% 90% £495 Arrangement Fee
Enquire Now
First Time Buyers Momentum Mortgage (5yrs) 3.45% Variable 4.0% Variable 3.9% 95% £295 Arrangement Fee
Enquire Now
Flexi Mortgage 4.58% Variable 4.58% Variable 4.7% 90% No Arrangement Fee
Enquire Now


Speak to a professional about a Ulster Bank Mortgage